Monday, April 27, 2009

Monday Musings

By the end of Mondays I am usually beat. Wait, I'm like that at the end of every day, but for sure Mondays are the hardest. They are super busy- mainly because I am catching up from the weekend fun!

Today, I have allowed the words of others to hurt & disillusion me. I hate it when I do that. On top of that, I know it's not healthy to dwell on it, and yet I find myself doing just that. In psychoanalyzing myself I have learned that:

1. I care too much what others think, and while I recognize this, I have a hard time changing what seems to be an innate quirk.
2. I feel guilt too much for the stupidest things.
3. I am a natural peacemaker and have the tendency to not "rock the boat" for fear of upsetting others even to the detriment of my sanity.
4. Soul-searching, while healthy, doesn't do me any good unless I choose to change. Easier said than done.

Okay, my pity party is over. What I really need is a vacation ALONE without anyone to NEED anything from me. I'm tired. Yikes, this is a little darker than normal! Going to bed...

2 comments:

Kim Hoover said...

You are hilarious! I love your dark sense of humor...or light...whatever you want to call it. I just think you are witty and great!

Maylene said...

Hey we had a blast hanging out with you this weekend! I'm sorry you're so exhausted (I guess that's what you get for having the par-tay house) :) See maybe we really do need to do a girls day with all of us around here. I know I would LOVE it.