Friday, February 20, 2009

The Gift of Fear- Part 2

This morning I went walking with 2 friends- I learned my lesson and was not about to go by myself. Well, there were some kinks in my plan. First of all, I told my friends to meet me at the park in the parking lot and I still chose to walk there in the dark. Also, I couldn't remember if I told them to meet me at 6:15 or 6:30, so I showed up at 6:15 so I wouldn't miss them. As it turned out only one friend came and I had shown up a little early and she was a little late. In the interim of waiting in the parking lot, Mr. Hoody-Man, AKA evil guy who scared the tar out of me on Mon, showed up again. At this point I'm inclined to think that he is a regular walker in the morning and not a mass murderer, but it is still spooky to be alone in a park with a random guy you don't know. Right at the point that I saw him get on the walking path, but he didn't see me: the lights (that are spread around the entire park) turned off! Sooooooo, I tried to stay as still as possible so as not to alert him to my presence, and felt like a fool hiding out from a man who is probably a regular, nice, trying-to-keep-in-shape grandpa! I am so neurotic!

2 comments:

Elder Esplin said...

I was laughing so hard when I was reading this... I would be terrified too! I think it's part of our Rodriguez breed! Watch out for La Llorona (did I spell that right?) next time you go to the park! Hehe!

The Poulsen Five said...

Or watch out for "El Cucuy!!" My mom used to scare us when we were being naughty by pretending that the Cucuy was outside the front door and if we would behave, she wouldn't let us in....it's no wonder I'm so screwed up!!