Saturday, May 30, 2009

Summer Vacation

Okay, this is for all the stay-at-home moms that work their tails off to entertain, teach, feed, and work for their kids who are on summer vacation! Their first week of freedom was full of blood, sweat, and tears....and I'm not talking about theirs! I love my kids and yet I am struggling to find the balance between letting them veg and teaching them about chores (again! It's a never ending struggle in our family!) I have grand aspirations for them. Yet the work involved (by me) to get them where I think they should be is exhausting!!

On a side note, some of the stress I'm feeling is because of the fact that I am most likely moving. On Thursday there was a notice on my garage door that the rental house that we live in is being sold at auction in 2 1/2 weeks. If the house sells I will receive an eviction notice within 3-4 weeks at which point I will have anywhere between 3-30 days to vacate the premises. It's frustrating to realize that the rent we have been paying has not been going towards paying the mortgage. This is all part and parcel of the foreclosure process and I sympathize and understand that a lot of people are underwater on their mortgages. Dealing with banks and all that is a nightmare! What I'm upset about is the fact that there was no communication...a little advanced notice would have been nice.

2 comments:

Heather Shepherd said...

I'm so sorry this is happening to you! Today is probably day 3 for you, so I hope everything is alright. We'll keep you in our prayers!

cousin Heather

michelle said...

This is HORRIBLE!!! How could this happen? They should have definately given you a heads up, huge disappointment. I am really sorry. Do you have a ocntract? Maybe they can pay your new moving expenses??? Or you can just come back to Berryessa? :) good luck. We'll be thinking about you.