Friday, September 12, 2008

Happy Friday

Sooo...Joelle is sleeping, the internet is FINALLY hooked up at the house, and the last service technician should be here sometime today. I feel strangely content to browse the internet...it's amazing the amount of stuff I couldn't look up because I wasn't connected to the NET!! The things we take for granted.
I went to check my email and saw that the weather in Stockton is 80 degrees. It is supposed to be 101 here, but it doesn't feel like it, because it is kind of cloudy. I thought I was going to hate the heat, but so far it hasn't bothered me. I don't go to the park at 2 pm, that's for sure! I'm sure next summer, when I am here during the hottest months and my kids are out of school, I will struggle to find indoor things to do during the immense heat. But for now, we're all good.
The kids started school on Monday and although they were nervous, by the end of the school day, they were beaming. They LOVE it! They have each made friends and look forward to walking to and from school. Scottie told me he feels free when he can walk without me. Hmmm, I'm not sure if that should worry me or not.
Joelle is dying to go to preschool, but I haven't found one as yet. Now that I am connected to the outside world, I may just be able to accomplish that task!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey Larisa,

Glad that you emailed me. Of course I remember you guys! What a blast from the past! I feel like that was another life. Your blog is super cute, as are your darling children. So, you are in Arizona? A few of Gavin's siblings live there. Are you still in contact with any of the old gang from Carver's? It is great to get to reconnect.

Katie said...

I'm glad you got there safely and are settling in. I am so sorry I didn't get to say an official goodbye to you--I was flat in bed that whole week and figured it wouldn't be good to send your kids off with that going away present! Kiara keeps asking for Joelle and "Tywer", we may just have to make a trip there sooner than later! Take care and keep us posted!

Janie said...

COME BACK

Jilynn said...

I am so happy you guys are here and that you finally updated your blog! Do you think you've been busy or something? j/k!

michelle said...

Please come back! We are all dying without you!
Keep the posts coming,we love them!