Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Carlsbad Caverns







Carlsbad Caverns, New Mexico is one of the coolest places on earth! My mom and I drove from AZ to San Antonio, TX (15 hour drive!) and stopped on our way to see the caverns. Scottie and Tyler had a great time and we talked a lot about stalagmites and stalactites and I sounded quite smart with all of my knowledge...Joelle, on the other hand, started getting scared when the elevator opened upon a dark cave. She kept asking if bats were gonna get her (courtesy of Scottie telling her to watch out for them!) So, we played a game and pretended that we were visiting a very big fairy house were hundreds of fairies lived. She got over her fear pretty quickly!

6 comments:

Maylene said...

That looks like lots of fun! By the way...happy birthday. We missed you last weekend (at an impromptu get together...on account of me borrowing Dave's saw :)

Jill said...

Hi! I didn't know you guys moved to AZ until I got your Christmas card. Your blog looks much better attended and put together than mine - that is for sure! Mine is a thrown together, sad after thought of a blog! Anyway... the Burtons, yes, I think they were in the Orchard View Ward. They were quite young. He was made your Bishop?

Post Family said...

Sounds like fun! Are you enjoying AZ? Thanks for the Christmas card. Miss you!

benandchayfuller said...

Hey girl! My mom gave me your blog address. I can't believe how big your kids are already :) How long have you been in AZ?

Kat, Ashley, Calin said...

I miss you so much! your kids are getting big!
Kat

Anonymous said...

You do the funnest things with your family! How blessed you all are - and how beautiful! Isn't it fun to take a peek into each other's lives via our blogs?
Love,
Fran